本文選自眾文圖書之《英文學術會議口語表達》】
編註:UDN 校園博覽會即日起節錄《英文學術會議口語表達》部分篇章,分為五篇逐日刊出,歡迎即將出國留學及有機會參加英文學術場合的同學,多加閱讀。
|
進行研究發表時,必須記住 8C,本次將介紹 Conspicuous(引人入勝):
Conspicuous(引人入勝)
即使研究發表已經具備正確(correct)、清楚明白(clear)、言簡意賅(compact)、具有創意(creative)、鞭辟入裡(critical) 且前後一致 (consistent),但如果無法引人入勝,那還是不能算是一場百分之百成功的研究發表。
舉例來說,像下面 (a) 這樣平鋪直敘的說法,可以改成像 (b) 較為強調的說法。
a. Here I want to insist that...
在此我要強調⋯⋯
b. What I am really insisting here is that...
我在這兒要特別強調的是⋯⋯
會議身分:大會工作人員
場景1_與會者報到、接待貴賓
How may I help you, sir?
先生,請問您需要什麼服務嗎?
Sorry, sir. You seem to be a little too early. The hall opens in about 30 minutes.
不好意思,先生,您來得有點太早了。這個廳再過 30 分鐘左右才會開放。
Good afternoon, ma’am. Follow me. I’m going to show you to your room.
午安,小姐,請跟我來,我帶您去會議室。
The bathroom is just around the corner over there.
洗手間就在那邊的轉角。
場景2_廣播
Attention please. Here we have a lost article. A small brown bag was found in the lobby near Room 312. Would anyone wanting to claim it please go and retrieve it from the reception desk.
請注意,現有失物一件。有一個棕色小包包在 312 室附近的大廳被拾獲,請失主到服務台認領。
Paging Professor Natasha Whitman, please report to the reception desk. There is an urgent message for you from your acquaintance.
呼叫娜塔莎.惠特曼教授,請到服務台,您的朋友有緊急訊息要通知您。
場景3_中場休息
Time flies! The first half of the seminar is already over. Let’s take a break.
時間過得真快,上半場的研討會已經結束了,現在是休息時間。
Here we take ten. Be sure and be back before 3 p.m.
中場休息十分鐘,請務必在下午三點以前回到座位上。
At 11:50, the morning session is over and then we are all off to lunch, and will be back by 1 o’clock.
上午議程於 11 點 50 分結束,接著是午餐時間,請在一點以前回到座位上。
場景4_緊急狀況
The microphone has gone dead. Just a moment, please, ladies and gentlemen, it will come back soon.
麥克風沒有聲音了。各位先生女士請稍等,馬上就會恢復了。
The fire sensor has gone off by mistake. Please, don’t panic. Remain seated.
有人不小心誤觸了火警感測器。請大家不要驚慌,在原位坐好。
「頒獎給某人」的英語說法
present a prize to someone
award a prize to someone
bestow a prize on someone